Did you know that your nutrition affects your oral health? Woodstock & Manhattan Institute for Holistic Dentistry offers nutritional consultations to help you determine the best ways to keep your mouth healthy and avoid infection and disease. We invite you to contact us at 845-657-2322 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Victor Zeines and learn more about dental nutrition in Shokan, New York.
Proper nutrition is essential to your overall health and wellbeing, including the health of your teeth and gums. Too much sugar can increase the risk of tooth decay, and a lack of proper nutrition has been linked to increased risk of oral cancer, defects of tooth enamel, and gum disease. Other deficiencies in nutrition affect the acidity of your mouth, your bacteria level, and the build-up of plaque on your teeth. There are many nutrients that can help keep your mouth and teeth healthier by protecting against infection and disease. For example, Vitamin A helps in tooth formation, and Vitamin B provides a wide range of help to keep your teeth, gums, and tongue functioning correctly.
As everyone has a different metabolism, the nutrients in certain foods will work better for you than others. When you visit our practice, our dentist will review your current diet and oral health, and help you determine the most effective diet for keeping your mouth healthy. We may ask you to make changes in your daily eating habits and routines.
We recommend that you do a few basic things to help yourself maintain good oral health:
- Read food labels, and limit your intake of foods that are high in sugars and carbohydrates.
- Eat fresh foods and vegetables. This encourages saliva production, which acts as a neutralizer to the acids produced by sweets, and helps to clean out sugars and food particles as you chew.
- Limit your intake of sugary drinks. Drinking water is the best way to prevent tooth decay.
- Eat foods that are high in calcium and phosphorus content. This will re-mineralize and strengthen your teeth.
- Brush after every meal! Good oral hygiene routines at home are critical to your continued oral wellbeing.
$75 for a 15 minute initial consultation
$125 for a 30 minute initial consultation
$50 for each additional 15 minutes
We welcome you to contact our office for more information on nutrition and to schedule your nutritional consultation with our caring dentist.