Dr. Victor Zeines has created a mercury filling removal protocol which may be tailored to meet your individual needs. To learn more about mercury filling removal in Shokan, New York, please call Woodstock & Manhattan Institute for Holistic Dentistry at 845-657-2322 and make your appointment with our dentist.
If you are having mercury fillings removed, you will need to take high doses of antioxidants before, during, and after the removal procedure. Begin taking these antioxidants a week before your procedure, and for at least six months after.
As amalgam particle ingestion will occur regardless of our use of rubber dams and special suction, we recommend the following dietary guidelines:
- Spirulina and fresh cilantro (Chinese parsley) are foods that seem to have an affinity for mercury and should be eaten in large quantities. A good way to take this is to place some in a blender with some sea salt and olive oil. (Garlic can be added but then garlic can be added to anything.) Blend until creamy and take one tablespoon with meals. This can also be made into a salad dressing.
- Eggs, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, sesame seeds, butter, veal, lamb, avocado, asparagus, parsley are also recommended.
- Hemp, almond, or rice milk in the morning
- Vitalboost – 1 scoop (Advanced phyto-nutrient superfood)
Vitalboost gives excellent support for mercury removal. While there are many adequate nutritional supplements available. I developed Vitalboost for myself and my patients because I wanted a multi-vitamin and mineral super food, that would be a rich source of immune enhancing, anti-aging, nutrients supporting normal function and structure in our electro-magnetically polluted environment. Also, it’s a simple fact that you cannot get the nutrients you need from food. Weird but true. This formulation is also designed to help promote a healthy mouth. When you consider people with gum disease are four times more likely to get heart attack or stroke. It becomes more important to have a good superfood. I’m also not fond of powders that tasted like grass. Vitalboost is a pleasant-tasting powder that can be taken with any water or any juice. It’s a delicious breakfast and helps keep my weight down.
However, if you feel you have an adequate supplement, that’s fine.
- Goji berry powder - 1/2 tsp. - Nutrient rich to enhance health
Maca powder - 1/2tsp - Supports the endocrine system
Whey protein - 1 scoop - High quality source of protein
Flaxseed powder - 1/2tsp - Good source of Omega Fatty Acids
- Glutathione – 1000mg per da
- Taurine – 500mg per day
- Acidophilus – these bacteria seem to play a role in mercury excretion. Get the Probiotics if possible
- Melatonin 3 mg – just before bedtime one week prior to and one week after amalgam removal
Homeopathic sublingual glutathione before removal
- Activated charcoal: Capsules can be gotten at any health food store. Take one capsule 15-30 minutes before removal and one capsule at the end of the appointment. Do not take more after that since charcoal has the ability to absorb certain important nutrients.
My office uses a double suction machine, which is an extremely powerful vacuum so that the vapors are not breathed in by either the patient or myself and my assistant. Air filtration systems are also provided for and large amounts of water is used with the dental drills so the amount of airborne particles is further reduced. The suction tip has a small rubber dam arrangement that envelops the tooth we are working on so that the mercury is confined and removed as soon as it is taken out of the tooth.
A vitamin C drip done under an MD’s supervision is recommended after amalgam removal.
Dry Sauna – if possible after amalgam removal. When you finish your sauna shower immediately to wash off the toxins before they can be reabsorbed.
Far Infra-Red Sauna – this works faster than dry saunas at temps of 120-135ºF.
If you cannot do a sauna, try a hot bath (about 104 degrees). Use a towel to create a cocoon and add one or two cups baking soda and four cups of Epsom salts to a full tub of water, which will enhance detoxification. Stay in the bath for at least 20 minutes. You can have a massive elimination of toxins in 15 to 20 minutes. Follow with a cool shower.
Do not take Vit. C before amalgam removal as it interferes with the anesthetic.
If you have any questions, please contact our office to speak with our dentist.