In order to ensure your holiday season can end with your smile still shining, protect your teeth whenever possible. Numerous tooth hazards are present every moment of your life, so it is important to protect yourself adequately to ensure your smile will not suffer various forms of oral accidents and injuries. For additional help with your oral health care, consider the following tooth hazards:
– Avoid sticky or chewy sweets such as the gummy candies, as they can stick to your teeth and gums long after consumption and drastically promote the rate at which tooth decay will occur.
– Avoid sodas and similar fruit drinks that are loaded with sugar. In addition, sodas contain phosphoric and citrus acids which are known to eat away at your tooth enamel.
– Never open any products or packaging with your teeth, as doing so can severely damage your teeth and gums.
– Sports drinks may give you the energy boost you need, but they’re also loaded with heaps of sugar that can severely hinder your oral health.
– Although fruit juice may seem healthy, it is often loaded with numerous unhealthy ingredients including added sugar.
– Exercise caution when eating any starchy food such as potato chips, as bacteria and plaque can break down the ingredients into acids that can chew through tooth enamel.
– Avoid snacking frequently throughout the day or in between meals, as it can drastically increase your risk food can damage your teeth and gums.
If you would like to consult with a dentist in Shokan, New York, you are welcome to contact Dr. Victor Zeines and our team about tooth hazards. To schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Woodstock & Manhattan Institute for Holistic Dentistry, call 845-657-2322.