Did you know that halitosis, also known as bad breath, could be an early warning sign of something much more sinister in your mouth such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease? If you do have gum disease, seek treatment from your dentist at Woodstock & Manhattan Institute for Holistic Dentistry.
Getting rid of bad breath begins with first understanding what its causes are. Listed below are some common causes of gum diseases, and some effective treatment methods:
– Bad breath can be caused by bad oral hygiene. Always brush twice daily and floss once per day.
– Underlying illnesses and disease can first show up in the mouth, including with bad breath symptoms. This includes respiratory tract infections, liver ailments, and kidney abnormalities.
– If you wish to eliminate the odors caused by bad breath, try using a mouthwash or mouth cleanser.
– Another cause of bad breath could be plaque buildup on your teeth and gums.
– Medications can cause your mouth to be excessively dry, which in turn can produce bad breath.
Make sure to take good care of your oral health. For additional treatment methods to remove halitosis, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Victor Zeines and our team, give us a call at 845-657-2322. Our dentist office is conveniently located in Shokan, New York. Make the change you seek in yourself today!